21 Mar 2015

The dwarf is in da house

As some of you might noticed, I stopped doing reviews here on blog a while ago (circa 2 years...), the reason being, that I started doing reviews for Figure Painter Magazine, and simply didn't have enough material for reviews. But with this little beauty, and the company that made it, being covered not long ago in one of the issues, I decided to do a short review here. I'm not sure if I'll be doing them here too often, but I'll at least try to do it once in a while.

The company that made this beautiful bust is Spira Mirabilis and you can find them on Facebook.
As you can see the box is pretty awesome, with the seal and all. And hay used to line the box for protection suits both the box and the subject.


The bust is sculpted by Lucas Pina in scale 1:12. And as many other cool pieces recently it is a Limited Edition of 300 copies (with mine No. 42)
The cast is almost primer ready... I seriously couldn't find a single mould line or other issue, and I say almost only because I had to remove this small bar of resin underneath. Other than that I could just wash it and prime.

 

There is not really much more to say... The bust is one of the best casts I've ever seen, and I will most definitely keep my eye on Spira Mirabilis in the future.

cheers
'eM

No comments:

Post a Comment