26 Jul 2012

Pegasus Project - Templar's shield, update

I've been working on the Templar's shield yesterday. 
Still lots to do, but I think it's going into the right direction.


At this point I'm really happy with the way the front of the shield is turning out. I'm not an expert on randomness. I find it tricky to do random stains and blemishes and avoid creating patterns. But I guess after adding some blood it should look good.

And here are few close-ups, to show you the texture of dirt and damage on the shield's front, and wood grain at the back.


I know you can see all the little imperfections (not so little too;p), but please bare in mind, that these are some extreme close-ups.  The shield is more or less 6,5 cm long, so most of the flaws will disappear, while looking at the miniature as a whole.

But if you have any ideas how I could improve the shield, please do not hesitate. All criticism and comments will be highly appreciated. I want this piece to be my best:)


cheers

'eM

10 comments:

  1. Amazing! I took inspiration for my shield :-). But I honestly have to say that yours is better one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your shield looks great:D Show me the pictures when you'll be ready

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good shield, veeery goooood....I like the wood and dirt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... take a look at it: http://akrylem.blogspot.cz/2012/07/rytir-stit.html If you do, you have to say I was right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ lopee: I left you a little note on your blog. I hope it will help:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, thank you. It help a lot. It's just in my hands... and that's the problem :) Martin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there is lack of blood and dirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dirt is mostly there, I might add some more later, depends how the rest of the mini gonna look like. And I'm planing to do the blood on the whole mini at the same time. It should give me more control over the final efect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing I want to talk to you about it is there an email I can contact you at

    ReplyDelete